This course takes an in-depth look at the tools and emerging technologies artists can use to generate interest in their music, acquire new fans, and sell their music. The course begins with an introduction to online marketing—the opportunities available, case studies on how artists are generating interest online, ways to optimize the fan experience, and the major differences between online and physical marketing campaigns. From there, the course covers the basics of developing your own Web site; securing a domain and hosting company, developing an optimization strategy so potential fans can find your site using the search engines, and best practices for creating a fantastic user experience.
By the end of this course, you’ll have mastered the art of online music marketing, and have a fully timed, integrated, and optimized marketing plan that you can use to build up your digital touch points, generate interest in your music, and sell your music online.
By the end of this course, you will:
- Develop a well-rounded approach to marketing and selling your music online
- Utilize the power of social media outlets to build your fan base
- Gain a broad overview of all the marketing segments
- Learn traditional and nontraditional pricing and marketing strategies
- Gain an in-depth understanding on web optimization and best practices
- Develop a solid foundation in messaging, branding, and communication
- Understand how to use analytics
- Create a timeline and a marketing plan